Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety Lead
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our client in West Dublin for an experienced QEHS Lead. The QEHS Lead is accountable for the companies Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety Program. They will provide leadership in Quality Assurance, Environmental Compliance, Health and Safety of employees.
They are looking for a confident, personable, professional who can lead the QEHS team and be responsible for ensuring that all relevant EHS requirements are fully implemented and enforced.
To lead the quality team and guide cross functional teams in the development of permanent corrective actions for Safety, Environmental and Quality concerns. To develop and implement a strategy to deliver best in class quality, health, safety and environmental standards in line with ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45000, HACCP and BRC requirements. Ensure compliance to all hygiene and safety legislation through the application of risk assessments, due diligence and continuous improvement programmes. In particular interpret the company’s obligations with respect to REACH / COSHH, PUWER, IPC Licencing, Waste Regulations, Fire Regulations and PCB’s. Develop and implement sustainability initiatives. Ensure suppliers are compliant with the companies Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Continuously improve the facilities Quality, Safety, Environmental and Food Hygiene control measures to best in class standards.
- Lead improvement plans related to Quality, Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- Implement and Audit to ensure corrective action is taken on all identified non-conformance's
- Lead the facility through all Audits (Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental, Ethical and Food safety and Customer Led)
- Main Point of contact for Customer & Supplier Liaison
- Strong focus on good customer service ensuring that the company deliver in full and on time to the customer. Ensure that all finished goods & raw materials are to the correct quality standards & meet specification requirements.
- Manage people and resources to ensure that companies assets are protected at all time.
- Coaching and development and performance management of team members.
- Interpret implications / requirements of all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and ensure company policies are compliant and up to date. Liaise with external bodies and enforcement agencies as required.
- Develop & Implement Safe Systems of Work
- Manage accident and incident investigations. Act as company contact in liaison with loss assessors, solicitors as required in litigation process
- Manage risk within the facility by managing, co ordinating and auditing the risk register, risk assessment program & COSHH program.
- Contractor Management – develop, manage and audit contractor policy & procedures.
- Manage staff awareness and compliance to all company policies and procedures through a program of internal audits, training and awareness campaigns.
- Minimum 10 yrs. Quality & HSE experience in a similar role working in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable experience of Quality Systems Management and Implementation of ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO45000 and BRC
- Experience of leading a team
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability with strategic focus and the ability to get to the root cause.
- Have a keen attention to detail with methodical and organised reasoning of facts
- Analytical & Excellent computer skills / Database systems experience.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality, efficiency and excellent customer service.
- Capability to work as part of a team, cross functionally and achieve results in relation to operational needs.
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing and 5S
- A self-starter & ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Flexibility to work outside normal hours and travel when required
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Recognised Quality qualification / trained auditor
- Recognised safety qualification
- Trained in 8D
- Six Sigma Qualification
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Good Judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Demonstrate initiative and a flexible approach to issues.
- Excellent interpersonal /teamworking skills
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency, enthusiasm and commitment to getting things done.
- Excellent attitude, someone who can embrace change.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- The ability to communicate openly and effectively to all levels within the organisation.
- Take responsibility for individual actions and those of the team
Permanent/ Full Time
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV outlining your relevant experience to email@example.com