Our client is a leading supplier of approved speciality chemicals to a wide spectrum of industries: Pharmaceutical & Veterinary, Construction, Food & Beverages, Cosmetics, Detergents, Coatings & Adhesives, Rubber & Plastics and Water Treatment. They have established themselves as the raw materials supplier of choice throughout Ireland and the UK
They are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Officer to join their very successful team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably with Pharmachem/Healthcare experience in a manufacturing setting or purchasing experience with a service provider to these industries.
The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers
- Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing activities
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Build and maintain good supplier relationships to achieve the best prices and supply arrangements.
- Collaborate with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Organise and oversee logistics relating to deliveries
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director
- Min 5 years proven working experience in a similar purchasing role
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies
- Sourcing and vendor management.
- Negotiation and networking experience
- Ability to gather and analyse data.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Excel.
- Experience in purchasing chemicals is preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive induction and continuous training provided
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Private medical/dental insurance
Permanent/ Full Time
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org