Senior Production Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our client a multinational company based in Swords
They are looking for an innovative and self-motivated “hands on” Production Engineer to support a number of its existing manufacturing cells. The successful applicant will have a strong technical background and minimum 3 years experience in a medium/high volume mechanical/ manufacturing environment.
The key outputs and deliverables of the role are as follows:
- Support manufacturing processes and provide process improvements to existing products.
- To define and validate manufacturing process for upgrade products or new products.
- Support mechanical/electrical assembly jigs, fixtures and purpose built test equipment.
- Process analysis and Product Quality reporting.
- To work closely with other Engineers and Production Staff to drive quality standards and improvements.
- To work closely with Product Designers to ensure the product is designed for assembly.
All applicants must possess the following:
- Educated to at least degree level in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a mid/high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in use of problem solving techniques.
- Good “can do” attitude and ability to work well in a team.
- ‘Hands-on’ ability.
Although not essential, it is desirable if applicants have the following:
- Experience in use of 3D CAD, Siemens NX or equivalent.
- Experience with application of six sigma tools.
- Experience in use of Lathe, Milling machine and work shop tools.
- Experience in design and implementation of assembly fixtures.
An enthusiastic ‘hands-on’ individual, with a strong mechanical background and good interpersonal/organisation skills is required to fill this role.
This role also includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised healthcare cover
- Life assurance
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- On site fitness centre
- Annual appraisal review programme
- Annual salary review and discretionary bonus scheme
- Training and development
- Inventors scheme awards
- Long service awards
Permanent/ Full Time
Swords/ Dublin North/ Dublin
€44,000 - €58,000