Our client is a premiere retail and ecommerce logistics provider, with a core industry competence that is both wide and deep. They have extensive knowledge across all channels and geographies, as well as a commitment to the development of their clients' end-to-end Global retail supply chains. Our client has continued to build a solid reputation around the world as an innovative and flexible provider of first-class logistics – delivering complete supply chain solutions, which specialise in transportation, logistics, forwarding and warehousing.
They offer Global implementation experience and expertise across all industry sectors, coupled with vital in-country knowledge and service at local level.
In line with their current strategic development plan, they are looking to recruit a Sales Manager with relevant experience in end to end Global supply chain for Ireland.
Reporting to: Managing Director – Ireland / Operations Manager Ireland
Direct Reports: Inside Sales / Sales Executives/BDM’s
Purpose: Responsible for sales and commercial activities within the island of Ireland, including winning new business, increasing wallet share of existing business (with focus on non-CSG clients) and responsibility to meet/ exceed agreed budgets.
- Relationship building and networking.
- Managing sales process from initial contact through to closing and then on-boarding.
- Presentation via multiple formats – ppt, word, demonstrations, etc.
- Financial reporting includes P&L, margin management, forecasting and operational EBITDA modelling for new opportunities.
- Building bespoke solution to new/ existing.
- Minimum of 3 years for a multi-national 3PL logistics provider within a successful Sales/ Account Management program.
- Extensive experience particularly with multi-modal freight (air/sea/courier) business development, with some 3PL warehousing and/or e-commerce development an advantage.
- Proven track record of sales within a multi-service logistics provider.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a sales team.
- Strong relationship skills with focus on key decision makers.
- Good knowledge of tech solutions - PO management systems, WMS’s & TMS’s.
- Develops and expand customer base across all services. Work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue/ GP generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Present solutions across all key services – Value Added Freight, Omni-Channel fulfilment/ cross border delivery and project lead solutions/ white glove.
- Account sponsorship and P&L responsibility for non-CSG Key Accounts (Top 10) accounts.
- To support all key commercial decisions within IRE, review/ agree team training and development as well as communication to team on company, branch, country, and team objectives/ achievements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows the Sales Director to give effective presentations in person or virtually.
- Meets or exceeds agreed upon sales targets for revenue/ GP.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale to increase wallet share through selling all services.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a personal network of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, and networking.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects’ business problems, the effects of the problems and creating solutions to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities in Salesforce including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of all Microsoft Office products to conduct professional business information.
- Management of Dublin IS (Inside Sales) team to support winning and onboarding new business.
- Shared commercial responsibility with the Operations Director to review revenue, GP and EBITDA vs budget and identify opportunities to improve where possible.
- Support managing the Dublin team with training and development, effective communication with a focus on commercial objectives within the branch.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented.
- Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org