The Project Engineer reports to the on-site Client Representative and has responsibility for the safety, technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling activities of the identified project. The Project Engineer may serve as a resident engineer and have responsibility for leading & supporting multiple projects at various stages from inception to completion.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the Project Manager on multiple simultaneous projects from inception through completion in accordance with Company objectives.
- Create and deliver documentation for assigned projects.
- Support overhaul and upgrades of existing facilities, manufacturing equipment & utilities.
- Demonstrate performance in foreseeing potential obstacles and resolving highly-critical issues within organization while maintaining rigorous adherence to project timelines and costs
- Ensure compliance with statutory and client requirements and ensure all equipment is commissioned and handed over correctly.
- Organise training and deliver to Client on key projects post implementation.
- Managing vendor relationships and with a sound understanding of standard practices in project management.
- Manage and ensure all drawings and associated project programmes are issued and up to date.
- Support project delivery, ensuring on time & to budget, meeting the client’s quality standards and expected functionality.
- Promote and deliver the aims of the Company to meet or exceed the quality levels and customer support objectives central to the Company’s core business.
- Establish and manage quality measures and procedures in conjunction with the Company to enable two-way communication, ensuring feedback and continuous improvement is achieved.
- Administer formal management and reporting procedures.
- Maintain all project documentation in order as per client standards
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place for all operations by managing and addressing the Health & Safety requirements of each function.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company procedures
- Suggest and implement improvements and innovations in service delivery
- Ensure Client satisfaction at all times.
- Effective sourcing and utilisation of materials and subcontractors.
- Monitoring the quality of the work carried out by the workforce through random audits and the ongoing review of breakdowns.
- Conduct regular site audits to ensure that the specified standard of work is maintained and all site logs and documentation are kept up to date.
- The timely and accurate production of all client reporting requirements including the design and generation of any bespoke reporting that supports intercompany relationships and has the potential to further develop the project business
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess a dynamic approach to achieving continuous improvement
- Customer focus management style
- Must be self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Flexible with ability to adapt to changing environment
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar role
- GMP regulated environment experience
- Managing projects in a regulated environment preferred
- Creation of project documentation
- Third level engineering qualification or equivalent
Permanent/ Full Time
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org