Our client is one of Ireland’s fasting growing total facility management service providers. They take huge pride in their employees who are the key to delivering our services and in achieving the company’s success across a range of sectors to include pharmaceutical, retail, educational and financial.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the fundamental purpose of the Payroll Manager’s role is to manage the payroll end to end functions and processes in line with business requirements.
Manages all aspects of the pay and benefits for all employees in Ireland. Responsible for processing the bi-weekly (900 employees) and monthly payroll (300 employees) and for administering all benefits, applications and queries associated with pension, medical insurance and annual bonus payments.
Job Type / Category
Main duties and responsibilities
- Process the monthly payroll payments on time ensuring Micropay has been updated with all relevant changes and updates
- Responsible for managing the payroll team to include 2 payroll specialists.
- Update TMS/Miracle Pay with all relevant data – provided by HR team and company’s benefit providers.
- Ensure all new starters, leavers and promotions are processed accurately and timely.
- Responsible for timely and professional resolution of any employee payroll related queries.
- Check all changes to tax details from revenue are applied to relevant employee
- Prepare Monthly analysis and reconciliation of payroll costs (Salary, Overtime, Callouts Holidays, Benefits and taxes)
- Provide reports to the business as requested
- Prepare and submit returns to Revenue.
- Be the main point of contact with Apleona for time and attendance and payroll related queries.
- Raise tickets with IT for system solutions and follow through for timely resolution.
- Download the SEPA bank file from ADP and upload to the bank for payment.
- Download and review the monthly pension and exception report from ADP and send to JLT.
- Payment of monthly pension contributions to Irish Life/outsources benefits providers.
- Ensure Revenue details are up to date and issued for leavers
- Complete social welfare, bank forms, letters confirming service & any other payroll related letters.
- Provide maternity letters to employees confirming dates of leave and return.
- Support initiatives to increase employee understanding of payroll (for example BIK, pension implications etc).
- Support induction of new employees in relation to payroll and benefits.
- Complete public holiday payment checks in advance of payroll.
- Review monthly year-end payroll reports.
- Manage the output process of payroll to include production of payroll journal and monthly audit check reports, to include Change report, month on month, in line with process.
- Participate in any internal audits as required.
- Identify improvements and lead any compensation changes initiatives where required.
- Lead improvement projects in line with SOP improvements and best practice.
- Act in accordance with the company’s Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.
- Provide training to supervisors and managers in TMS and reporting. This may involve occasional travel sites around the country.
- 5+ years’ experience in a finance or HR department and in processing complex payroll’s
- Experience of managing a team.
- Qualified payroll technician
- Experience with computerised accounting systems and have a good knowledge of computer software MS office; Word, Excel. Knowledge of TMS system an advantage.
- Management experience of a highly driven team in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Good sense of humour who likes to work in a lively, friendly environment
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Excellent benefits package.
Working hours and salary negotiable.
- Payroll: 5 years (Preferred)