Working as part of the senior management team Production / Operations Manager you will be required to develop strong production teams to achieve and exceed performance expectations. You will implement process KPI's to exceed customer requirements, optimise labour utilisation and recommend areas for improvement that will reduce waste, increase productivity and improve the daily operation of the plant. You will plan staffing levels needed to run efficiently and deliver strategic profit improvement plans
Ideally you will have previous experience in a production management role and have experience working within a highly regulated environment. You will be a strong self-starter, have strong leadership skills and have a proven record of building successful teams. This is an exciting role and will require an enthusiastic and passionate manager with a drive to develop people. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the entire factory in terms of staff and material production processes in order to drive performance and efficiency in line with business objectives and goals
- Responsible for the management ofproduction ,warehousing and goods inward and outwards.
- Manage, supervise and control production, timely consistent targets and increasing productivity.
- Plan and organize build and lead time schedules.
- Oversee the complete production process, quality control, staff, materials and equipment.
- Routine, preventative maintenance and repair of production equipment and facilities.
- Budgeting, cost management and control.
- Implement and manage lean manufacturing along with operational standard procedures.
- Lead health, safety & environmental compliance, ensuring a safe working facility & site.
- Recruitment, training, staff mentoring, development and leadership.
- Ability to produce reports, monitor progress and analyse production data. Forecast v's actual.
Warehousing and Logistics:
- Manage the Warehouse and logistics team.
- Supervise operations in the Warehouse through planning daily/weekly work schedule.
- Ensure sufficient resources are available to action the daily work load.
- Complete and monitor agreed KPI`S in line with the company targets.
- Develop long term strategy for the warehouse and implement appropriate work plans and schedules.
- You will develop a space capacity strategy to maximise holding and make operations more effective and ensure adequate space is available at all times and ability to react to unforeseen uplifts in inventory.
- Maintain current standards and seek improvements.
- Oversee the upkeep of the whole premises ensuring that necessary maintenance and improvements are undertaken in a timely and efficient manner
- Be the first contact person with the company’s security and key holding company.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar management role in a highly regulated environment.
- 10+ years' experience in production/manufacturing or closely related industry.
- Third level qualification in related field.
- IT literate and numeric.
- Knowledge of business and management - Budgeting, planning, resources & HR.
- Planning, organization and project management skills to be able run and monitor the production process.
- Motivating staff and others to meet timelines and deadlines.
- Technically minded with mechanical aptitude for problem solving and improvements.
- Attention to detail and priorities, high standards, results focused and ensuring consistent quality.
- Able to handle responsibility and the pressure of meeting demanding and changing deadlines.
- A leader, team player and builder, decision maker with clear communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Organized and efficient, leading by example & create accountability within workforce.
Permanent/ Full Time
€75,000 per annum
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org