NPD /Specification Technologist
The Specification/NPD Technologist will be part of the Technical Team reporting directly to the Technical Manager.
- Review of all product recipes and specifications to ensure capture of correct & accurate information and where possible reduce the number of ingredients a. Identify any process control non- conformances and communicate to Technical Manager & Production Manager
- Review the NPD process to ensure practices are fully compliant with procedure. a. Product & packaging comply with specification. Identify any deviations and communicate to Technical Manager. Identification of areas for continuous improvement.
- Development of a full current packaging library to include all sleeves & labels
- Create & implement QAS for each product launch- signed off by both Technical Manager & Production Manager prior to launch. a. Liaise with Production & Technical Manager to ensure fully accurate to enable effective staff training prior to launch
- Identify key product insights & consumer trends to enable Aveo Foods to be at the forefront of NPD within the Irish & European market for ready meals a. Keep up to date with current market trends, generate ideas for NPD recipe creation.
- Identify potential suppliers at beginning of each project and communicate closely with Technical Manager to confirm suppliers for approval before correct recipes are approved and signed off. This should be written in to the procedure to ensure correct timelines are in place to avoid any unnecessary time delays and timely supplier approval.
- Liaise with Technical Manager, Production Manager and customers throughout the NPD process a. Record meeting minutes & clearly communicate the assignment of any tasks
- Point of Contact for customers with specification queries
- Cooking validation completion
- Artwork creation & implementation in conjunction with Sales Director. Full compliance with current legislation and customer requirements. Approval and sign off all packaging and labels prior to product launch.
- Development of Aveo Foods Brand Standard in conjunction with Technical Manager, Production Manager & Sales Director a. Schedule analysis samples & other ad hoc testing as directed by Technical Manager
- Attend first print runs for packaging
- Support Technical Assistant & Technical Manager as required a. Support the Technical Manager to ensure SOP’s, COP’s updated as and when required and BRC maintenance
- HACCP Team Member, Internal auditing Team member 15. Participate in all traceability and mock recall exercises as and when required, working alongside technical team to approve any new raw materials coming onsite and maintain the raw materials database to ensure compliance with all relevant standards.
- Other Technical/NPD duties as required by Technical Manager