Head of Marketing- Dublin Zoo
Dublin Zoo is looking to appoint a Head of Marketing.
Reporting to the Chief Executive of Dublin Zoo, the Head of Marketing has sole responsibility for the marketing function. They are guardian of the Dublin Zoo brand with responsibility for developing and executing the marketing strategy. The Head of Marketing must be a good commercial and team leader, as well as being the liaison for various media organisations and agencies.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of, a comprehensive strategy and plan that will enhance Dublin Zoo’s brand and drive footfall and revenue.
- Lead, support and develop the marketing team to maximise their potential. Cultivating a creative environment, based on clear KPIs.
- Create and execute a PR strategy and brand guidelines ensuring Dublin Zoo’s brand is enhanced, protected and consistent.
- Develop campaigns to support Dublin Zoo programming and initiatives, such as new exhibits, special events, camps, conservation initiatives, and more.
- Responsible for capital and revenue fundraising, including from trusts and foundations, high-net-worth individuals, corporates, statutory sources, community, events, and direct campaigns.
- Develop and cultivate partnerships to increase attendance and revenue for Dublin Zoo. Maintain relationships with the media, agencies, community, government, and influential professionals for the benefit of the Zoo.
- Accountable for master events calendar to drive attendance into the Zoo, including the creative, logistical planning and implementation of events such as Wild Lights.
- Create and execute advertising and social media campaigns to maximise reach and engagement.
- Produce all Dublin Zoo marketing collateral.
- Brief and conduct market research to ensure marketing strategy is built on solid consumer insight.
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Primary contact and coordinator for media partners and other external third parties (e.g., Government and VIP visits).
- Responsible for the Marketing budget
- Set clear timelines, KPIs and reporting for all marketing initiatives
- Part of the Zoo’s Link Manager roster, overseeing day-to-day operations of the visitor attraction (including weekend duties).
The successful candidate must demonstrate personal drive, maturity, and confidence and a commitment to the mission of Dublin Zoo, its ethos, brand and vision and its commitment to conservation, and have a good understanding of Dublin Zoo’s main audience of young families.
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification in marketing or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a marketing management role.
- Proven track record of creating and delivering strategic marketing plans.
- Proven track record in executing high profile, impactful marketing campaigns, with experience in crisis management beneficial
- Proven track record of fundraising/development, particularly capital fundraising from trusts and foundations, high-net-worth individuals, and corporates.
- Strong team leadership experience, creating a positive and supportive environment.
- Ability to collaborate in a teamwork environment.
- Established professional network in Ireland.
- Must possess creative, innovative, and strategic-thinking abilities and be adept at coordinating day-to-day operations.
- Experience with building complex marketing campaigns and reporting on the results.
- Creative and innovative, but also assertive.
- Commercially minded.
- Must demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Commitment to the mission of Dublin Zoo, its ethos, brand and vision and its commitment to conservation.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, particularly regarding the creative and logistical planning and operational implementation of large events and multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, donor prospects, and other employees of the organisation.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to display friendliness and enthusiasm with a positive and professional attitude.
- Proactive, self-starter; shows an entrepreneurial spirit.
Permanent/ Full Time
Dublin 8/ Dublin