Our client is currently recruiting a Fundraising Assistant to join their high-performing Fundraising Team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a value-based organisation making a meaningful impact in the not-for-profit space. Working closely with the SFO, this role is responsible for providing excellent donor care and administrative support to the fundraising department to deliver on individual and donor development strategies.
This position would ideally suit a person who wants to gain experience in the not-for-profit sector and who wants to work with an organisation where they can make a meaningful contribution. You will work closely with all departments across the organisation and help provide vital support and drive the growth of the charity’s income.
If you are looking for a role that makes a real difference, if you are an organised, compassionate, and caring individual with good attention to detail, good communication and interpersonal skills, and have practical experience of working in an administrative role this could be the start of a great career for you.
You will have the opportunity to support in creating and launching exciting new fundraising products, and add your voice by reviewing current processes which will benefit our fundraisers. You will be the first point of contact for our supporters and will offer first-class stewardship to ensure our fundraisers feel well-supported before, during and after their amazing adventures.
You will provide crucial administrative support to the fundraising teams. Support will include adding accurate details to our database, tracking and monitoring income, responsibility for online donation platforms and virtual fundraising as well as general administrative duties in the office.
What we are looking for:
• Confident working with computers.
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience of working in a customer service role.
• Enthusiastic and polite telephone manner. Confidence in making telephone calls.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Able to juggle multiple demands on your time and prioritise appropriately.
• A passion for wanting to deliver the best, first-class stewardship journey for our incredible supporters.
• Warm, friendly, and personable, a hard-working team player with a positive and collaborative work ethic.
• A willingness to learn and adapt to processes.
• To be agile, flexible, and understanding that work priorities may change at short notice due to the nature of fundraising.
This is an opportunity to really make your mark. The role offers a diverse and wide range of experience across all fundraising disciplines. You will need to be ready to roll up your sleeves as we expand our work, creating a reputation for positive, warm touchpoints and excellent customer service for our staff and supporters