We are currently seeking to recruit a highly enthusiastic, creative and organized Events Assistant to ensure our visitors have the best event experience possible.
The Events Assistant will proactively support our Senior Events Executive to promote all areas of event management within Dublin Zoo. The successful candidate will be sensitive to the Zoo’s ethos, brand and vision, and its commitment to conservation.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Work as part of the Zoo Marketing Department providing support in all areas when required
- Assist with the planning and execution of all events in Dublin Zoo including calendar events, birthday parties, weddings, corporate events, open days, launch events, lectures, exhibitions etc.
- Assist with all aspects of event management, including liaison with third party suppliers and members of the Zoo team, taking bookings and discussing requirements with customers and RSVP process
- Supervision and co-ordination at events and any post-event evaluation and follow up
- Budgets and invoicing for all elements of all events and ensure events are delivered profitably and within target.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Job Type / Category
Dublin Zoo’s mission is to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature through involvement in conservation and by inspiring passion through education and engaging visitor experiences.
DUBLIN ZOO holds the prestigious position of being ‘Ireland’s leading Family Attraction’ welcoming in excess of 1.1 million visitors each year.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must demonstrate flexibility, an excellent approach to customer care, exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills. Must also be able to work off own initiative and possess the following:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within the events industry
- Knowledge and a proven track record in assisting with the running of both large and small events for different audiences, from planning & execution to evaluation stage
- Organisational skills coupled with the ability to cope well in high pressure situations and ability to be able to prioritise several initiatives within tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills as the ability to interact effectively with relevant departments
- Excellent PC skills including MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age
- This position is subject to Garda vetting
Dublin Zoo is an equal opportunities employer.
Full-time – Non 39 Hour, Permanent
- Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Events: 1 year (Preferred)
- Phoenix Park, County Dublin